self esteem grow as you teach your students how to stand and deliver a
poem, fable or individual work in front of the entire student body. I
and others trained in PEP (Proficiency in English Program) will
teach your Oratorical Contest Team how to put on a successful
oratorical contest step-by-step. Your teachers and team will
learn how to..
• divide the contest into poetry, fables and individual work on grade
• provide challenging poetry and fables to students for memorization
• encourage all students to write their own selections for presentation.
• put on a pre-contest assembly so everyone will know what will to expect.
• have classroom tryouts to ascertain finalists for the contest
• choose and invite three judges to judge the categories.
• choose non-classroom faculty members to be assistants.
• award trophies and ribbons to the winners.
• provide certificates for all participants.
• write thank you letters to judges after the contest.